Finding motivation to start exercising is always a hard first step. Life can get in the way even before we begin our journey towards a healthier lifestyle. Here are a few ways to get yourself moving.
- Find a workout buddy – walk with someone, take classes together or even share your recipes and eating journals
- Sign up for a 5k – Find an activity to train for. There are plenty of 5ks around. Pick one, show up that morning and run or walk it.
- Try to exercise early in the morning
- Experiment with different exercises and classes. You might find something that you love.
- Make exercise part of your everyday routine, like showering. You wouldn’t go a day without one.
- Give yourself a reward after several days of exercising. (Not a food reward but something tangible.)
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. The first steps are the hardest but once you take them the possibilities are endless.
This was my summer workout jar. To keep myself going last summer I put in a dollar for everyday I exercised. I used my savings to treat myself to a massage. It was heavenly.LOVE IT!4+